Interior Designing (B.Sc.)
Interior Designing is an evergreen, widely sought after professional field that holds an acute demand for creative professionals who are willing to shape this evolving art in line with the unchecked progress of the Real Estate and Construction Industries.
Our 3 years undergraduate programme helps the students gain comprehensive knowledge in the field of Interior Design via the study of various elements of Architecture, Material Sourcing, Lighting and Decorations, Soft Furnishings, Lifestyle and Cultural Preferences etc.
In its most basic form, Interior Designing is nothing but the meaningful synergy that is created between an individual and his/her living space. The full implication of this statement is very broad- including functional concepts that are necessary for the smooth conduct of everyday life, and/or creative additions that enhance the visual appeal and the comfort aspects of the space.
Our Interior Designing graduates find gainful employment in diverse industries while serving as Interior Designers, Event Designers/ Consultants, Freelance Designers, Space Planners etc.
For every male and female. Perfecting you in the art of developing you ideas and creating ambience with convenience and comfort with the use of available resources and offering value utility service to create home office and work place presenting one’s own status presentation.
The B.Sc. Degree in Interior Design is awarded from Kuvepmu University of Karnataka.
Kuvepmu University, named after the great humanist thinker and writer Shri Kuvempu, was established to realise its institutional mission of creating through its varied academic activities a humanist, rational, scientific temper and a deep sense of commitiment to the welfare of all sections of society.
Kuvempu University is the most popular academic University in Karnataka. Established in 1987, it is a University with a distinctive academic profile, bending in itself commitment to rural ethos and a modern spirit.
It has 28 post graduate departments of studies in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Education and Law. The University has 121 affilated collages under its jurisdiction spread over four districts of Shimoga, Chitradurga and Devangeree.
Course Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 from any recognized board. Class 12th students appearing or waiting for final result may also apply for provisional admission.
Course Fee : Rs 65,000/- per year.
FIRST YEAR OF FASHION DESIGNING :-
- Foundation art.
- Fashion and Apparel design: Fundamentals,elements and principles.
- History od western world Fashion.
- Fashion Design-an introduction.
- Introduction to textiles.
- Basics of computer and application
SECOND YEAR OF FASHION DESIGNING :-
- Introduction to Fashion Illustration.
- Creative Embroidery.
- Sewing technology.
- Fashion Design:Introduction to pattern making and garment manufacturing technology.
- Introduction to Draping.
- Textile Science : Processing (dyeing and printing).
- Advanced Computer aided design for Fashion and Textiles.
- Garment manufacturing.
- History of Indian Fashion.
- Oriental History.
SECOND YEAR OF FASHION DESIGNING :-
- Advanced course in Fashion Illustration.
- Vintage Costumes.
- History of western world fashion.
- Fashion accessories.
- Fabric testing and quality control.
- Advanced course in fashion and Apparel design.
- Visual Merchandising / photography.
- Production management and Merchandising.
- Fashion Analysis.
- Fashion Business management.
- Entrepreneurship and Business development.
- Global markets.